WordPress talks at CMS Expo
Last year I spoke at CMS Expo in Chicago about Busting Web Experience Management Myths. But while covering the event for the CMS Myth, I noticed that WordPress was visibly absent from the Showcase.
In part this led me to give a talk at WordCamp Boston on Why the @##!@ isn’t WordPress a CMS?.
This year, the fine folks at CMS Expo have added WordPress to the CMS Showcase, and will have a full track of WordPress-related talks.
The WordPress track includes:
- Aaron Holbrook kicking off the track with “WordPress IS a CMS, Dammit!“
- Me on “Beyond Posts & Pages: Structured Content & Content Types in WordPress” and “We’re on a Mission: Using WordPress for Non-Profit Organizations“
- Lisa Sabin-Wilson on “Exploring WordPress Multisite: One Install, Multiple Sites” and “Creating Community with WordPress and BuddyPress“
- Jake Goldman on “Publishing Workflows for WordPress“
This is in addition to a strong lineup of speakers on broad CMS topics, including (some of the ones I’m most looking forward to):
- Jeff Eaton on “Prepare for the Mobilocalypse!” (which unfortunately is at the same time as Sarah Beckley on “Future Proof Your Business Content” but in a different room)
- Margot Bloomstein on “Cart, Meet Horse: Content Strategy for Content Management” and “Kicking Off Your Content Strategy“
- Tony White on “Are You Using the Right CMS?“
- David Hobbs on “How to Avert a CMS Migration Trainwreck“
- Kieran Lal on Customer Experience Management
- Kevin Drew Davis on “Humanity Before Technology“
- Jen Kramer on “Reactive Technology“
- Scott Liewehr on “Customer Experience Management in the Real World“
- David Aponovich on “The 5 Secret Weaknesses of your WCM“
- Robert Rose and Scott Liewehr on “You’ve Got the Tools, But Do You Have the Team?“
As well as, of course, a series of panels with the showcase CMS platforms (Drupal, openText, Jahia, WordPress, SageFrame, and Joomla!) with titles like “Can your CMS do this?” and “Can your CMS do That?”.
It’s a fantastic conference John & Linda put together, and continues to evolve with the changing landscape of the CMS industry. Hope to see you there!For $100 off a three-day conference registration use code CMSX54417