WPBook 2.0.2: Tabs, Stream Publishing, Comment Imports
Lots of changes in WPBook 2.0.2, which I’ve just finished tagging for release, but the most important are:
- Import of comments posted on Facebook Wall. (If you’re following non-stable, beta releases, you’ve had this since 2.0.0 – but it is improved and stable enough now for all to use)
- Ability to suppress posting excerpts to Facebook on a post-by-post basis
- Fix for bug with posting excerpts to Facebook Wall (of individual profile or fan page)
- Revised instructions to match current Facebook and WPBook settings pages, in four steps
- Reordered and simplified settings page, putting most used settings nearer the top (and matching new instructions step by step)
- Tabs: for individual profiles and application profiles, you can now add a view of your blog as a tab – and much html is supported. (Sorry, no objects or iframes, thus no embedded videos).
- Debug setting which writes a file with attempts to import comments
- Ability to edit the attribution WPBook uses when posting to Facebook Walls
- PHP 5 calls moved to conditional imports – should improve error reporting for folks trying to use WPBook on PHP4 hosts, when it requires PHP5
As always you can get the latest WPBook from the WordPress.org repository and let me know in the support forums how it’s working for you.
Here’s a quick screenshot of what this blog looks like in a tab (without this post, obviously):