Next week I’m off to Denver for DrupalCon 2012. Since DrupalCon 2008 (which was in Boston) I’ve done both SXSW and DrupalCon each year, but that was proving to be a bit of an overload, so this year I’ve dialed back, skipped SXSW, and chose DrupalCon instead. I’ve found it consistently more useful.
I’m most looking forward to:
- Jay Batson’s talk on Web Experience Management in Drupal
- The session on Organic Groups 7 (though it conflicts with a good session on responsive design as well)
- The Drupal Ladder – an outgrowth of an initiative in the Boston Drupal Group I’ve participated in
- The Open Academy presentation – A Drupal Product for Departmental Websites
- Designing for Content Management Systems
Though like all good open source conferences there are many time blocks where there are 5 or 6 sessions I’d like to attend.
It will also be my first year at DrupalCon as an official CMS Myth Mythbuster – looking forward to bringing some Drupal community perspective to myths about CMS.